Pages

About Me

My photo
Segamat, Johor, Malaysia
计划永远都赶不上变化....

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, 25 June 2012

My Story @NYPBS #1

I still remember that night when I insomnia. Not because there is exam tomorrow, or anything else, but I was thinking whether I should take any committee position in any club or society in this school. By that time, I had resign most of my committee position in the school which include Community Service Club and other club as well. I would like to focus on my study especially when I decide to take on Diploma Plus Programme.


The next day was Friday. There is Buddhist Society meeting that day where next batch of committee will be announced. Just before meeting start, I told Jessie that I might don't want to take any position anymore. She didn't said anything as everyone stepping into the club room. Meeting started. New committee position was revealed and I was quite shocked. I was thinking something when Jessie ask me, "Do you still want to give up ?"  Without any moment of thought, I said, "Ok la, I take the post."


Judging from the committee list, I think I had no choice as I had responsibility not to let this society down.


Our first task was selecting a new sub-committee member and prepare for the next General Meeting. We decide to have interview as there is overwhelming response from the ground. Although I was a bit oppose the interview method to select sub-committee. As in my point of view, candidate tends to said something that is good about themselves only (and we do not know is true or not) and talk something that they unable to do during interview sessions. Also, talented people sometimes are not able to be judged by the way or the content they talk. 



The interview was 6.30pm and the location was tutorial room at Block L level 6. Before and during the interview, we discuss among ourselves about the question to be asked. 


I remember I suggested a question for secretary candidate which sound like this, "If you had been asked to complete a proposal of an activity which are going to submit tomorrow, but you a test or exam tomorrow and you haven't study anything, what will you do? "  Follow by my suggestion, I told the committee that if any candidate said they will do the proposal instead of study for test, don't choose them. Most probably, they lied. 


However, I was opposed by some of the committee member, claiming that the "standard answer" should be "Do the proposal and do not care about exam". I didn't said anything as I know they won't understand or realize as they don't have experience. 


Still fresh in my mind that the candidate that answer this question in the interview told, "I will do the proposal first, after I finish it, I will study." I was there and I asked, "What if when you finished the proposal, it already so late and you are so tired to study in addition that you got no time ?". He replied me, "At least, I will flash through my lecture note". 


This guy was selected by our committee as one of the sub-committee member and today, he was part of the new batch of management committee. I think is not appropriated for me to reveal his name here, but I hope that he still remember what he said and do what he said although I am not very sure about this. 


I was telling and writing this story today as I receive an very interesting sms by one of my stepping down committee member who at that time support that "Standard answer". I will not reveal who is she, but her message prove that I was right at very first place. No offence to anyone who read this, I am not blaming anyone. 






Please la, No one will sacrifice his/her exam for this stupid society....






No comments: